Saturday, July 21, 2012

Divine Mother Power

The Gullfoss Waterfall in Iceland


Divine Mother Power

by Mark Sullivan

Divine Mother of the elements, the small waters and the large waters,
the droplets and the love raging torrents of massive falls,
Oh Gullfoss, in the stark plains of Icelandic emptiness, You pass
over mossy rock cliffs to the chasms below, taking my heart
to places unknown, exhilarated to be touched by Your mist.

Divine Mother Power, rock my world with these massive
flows of water that wash away any doubt I had of Your Love.
I am again at Your feet in awe of the beauty you lay before me,
of the sheer force of Nature that You created to fill my universe
with sights and sounds of complete appreciation.

I place myself on this Northern Island of Yours, near the arctic
circles that play out so coldly on the terrain of volcanoes and mountains,
fields of hardened lava and jagged stones of frozen fiery magma
strewn across fields as far as the eye can see, there amidst lagoons
of thermal springs to cleanse me of my past, of all short of full delight.

These falls of Gullfoss, would You wash over me with your Power
and test my sovereignty, so then would I accept Your torrential
action as my own, and be amidst certainty that my real energy
is everlasting and sure, flowing continually toward my surrendered
fall, onward over cliffs of stalwart rock and flint formations.

Let me go on like this in my own Power, like a determined spring 
that comes forth from  depths of darkened places deep below, flowing
under glaciers and ice caps, collecting speed and force
around hills and at the feet of mountains, gathering momentum
to be finally at the mercy our Your final fall of freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment